The Economics of Hair Transplant
Now that you have done your research about hair transplant, you are convinced about its viability and efficacy. There is just one big looming question on your mind to which you would like a concise answer. How much does it cost for a hair transplant treatment? Although there are other important questions like, how much time the entire procedure might take and how it may affect your lifestyle during the process, the one question that stands out is, how much does a Hair Transplant Cost? We wish we could provide you with a single, short worded answer, in reality, it is not quite so easy.
There are many variables that affect the cost of a hair transplant treatment. It is true that FUE hair transplant is one of the few medical procedures that are not very expensive, but then again the overall cost of this procedure differs from one patient to another. It entirely depends on the scalp condition of the patient. The technique of the hair transplant procedure used, the number of grafts the doctors need to extract and the extent of baldness are three of the primary factors that comprise hair transplant cost.
How do these factors affect the cost?
India has quickly garnered an impressive reputation for being a hub for medical tourism and hair transplant is a medical procedure that attracts thousands of overseas patients.All thanks to the presence of a highly skilled staff base, state of the art equipment and cost effective operations. It is safe to state that the cost of hair transplant in India is on the reasonable side. Irrespective of the health of the patient, the cost is affordable for people from a variety of economic classes. However, it is difficult to standardize costs due to the following reasons:
- Varied needs of the patient: The way hair loss affects patients is not the same. Some patients prefer to have a dense graft, some just need a minor cover-up. However subtle the differences in the needs of the patients may be, the differences in the costs per individual may tend to vary more noticeably.
- Consultation: Every medical procedure begins with a thorough consultation. Depending on the lifestyle, affordability, availability and the comfort of a patient, the time spent on consultation varies and with it, the cost of the hair transplant procedure as well.
- Health of the patient: The health of a patient who has been enduring baldness for many years, may not be the same as a patient who has decided to show up for consultation after the first signs of baldness. Moreover, the area of the scalp that is affected dictates the number of sessions that are required to restore hair growth. All of these variables mean that hair transplant cost for you, may not be the same as what it was for one of your colleagues at office, for example.
- Number of grafts required: In order to cover larger areas of baldness, multiple grafts of healthy hair follicles may be required. This in turns means longer sessions which in turn means an increment in cost.
- Technique used: Although we primarily tend to employ the use of FUE hair transplant over FUT hair transplant at Reviva Clinic, the choice of techniques recommended by your doctor may bring in a variation in the cost of the procedure.
At Reviva Clinic, we believe in putting our patients at ease, by systematically addressing all queries. Book a consultation today to know exactly what your condition needs.