Hair Transplant Procedure – 2020
Hair Transplant Procedure: Know-How Steps on Hair Restoration Surgery
Scalp hair is one of the most attractive extensions a human body possesses. Every one of us shells out thousands when it comes to providing right care of our locks. However, it becomes quite alarming and stressful when you experience conditions like hair top thinning up or complete baldness.
With the increase in daily stress, environment pollution, and diseases the chances of hair loss doubles up too. While the huge advancements in medical science in the past few decades have provided us myriad ways to restore our health – a hair transplant is one among them.
Before you reach out for hair transplant in India, it is mandatory to consult with your doctor in regards to what you can expect during and after the surgery.
What Is A Hair Transplant Surgery?
A surgical procedure performed by professionals to regain the lost hair follicles permanently. They move hair from an area where you already have to fill an area of thin or no hair. Local anesthesia is given to the patient for painless treatment while administering the application of anesthesia so as to prevent any kind of contraction in any case.Choosing the loss resistant hair follicles carefully, they are transplanted with great precision in the bald sections as per the selected method for the surgery.
How Is Surgery Done For Hair Transplant in India?
Hair loss treatment In India is done through three different methods:
- Follicular Hair Transplantation (FUT)
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
Follicular Unit Transplant also called strip harvesting is a traditional hair transplant technique.
- Here a thin strip of tissue is removed from lower part of the back of patient’s head.
- Hair follicles are then divided into a number of single units. This is performed under a microscope.
- The hair transplant technician sews the area from where the strip was removed.
- FUT is the most affordable technique of hair transplant. The reason being, the extraction phase is quicker as compared to other techniques. It yields 100% results and leaves a significant scar from where the strip was removed.
Follicular Unit Extraction is another effective hair transplant technique.
- Here small circular cuts around the hair follicles are made in the donor area of patient’s scalp to remove them from the scalp. This step is repeated until surgeon has enough follicles.
- These holes heal within a week’s time and are less visible than FUT technique. This technique is better in terms of yielding results naturally. Follicular Unite Extraction is neither cost nor time effective.
DHI extraction can be called micro-FUE.
- In this technique, surgeon punches holes of diameter 1mm or less to extract hairs from the donor area. This technique involves minimal incisions.
- Surgeons use specially designed tool called DHI implanter to place each follicle separately in the recipient area. This tool helps to control the direction, angle, and depth of each graft.
- This technique is performed by a certified surgeon who ensures high quality.
- With FUT and FUE techniques, the focus is on the number of follicles that are extracted rather than on the follicle survival rate after the hair have been implantation. However, this is considered crucial in DHI technique.
- Thus, this technique allows the grafts to live longer and yield 100% natural results without the noticeable scars in the operated area.
Dos after a hair transplant surgery
- DO: Hydrate well before you sit for a hair transplant surgery.
- DO: Bring your friend your any family member to drive you home safely as the Hair transplant surgery gives you a sedative it’s better not to drive by yourself.
- DO: Ask from your surgeon about the right medication they want to take.
- DO: Place your head in an elevated position for first week while sleeping.
- DO: Shampoo and apply conditioner to your hair gently after a week.
- DO: Dye your hair before you go for your hair transplant surgery. This is because you would not be able to dye your process soon after the surgery. Moreover, doing this beforehand would not have any negative effect in the process.
- DO: Remember to apply ice cubes above the eyebrows in order to prevent swelling which occurs after a couple of days of being operated.
- DO: Consider it normal in case some hair fall from the transplanted areas for few weeks after the procedure as hair tends to regrow within a few weeks time.
Don’ts after a hair transplant surgery
- DON’T: let your new hairline get rubbed against your pillow while sleeping as it can damage the growth of hair.
- DON’T: Directly place the ice cubes in the operated areas of your scalp.
- DON’T: Allow the formation of scabs on your scalp. Take enough care to avoid them.
- DON’T: Try to itch your scalp, avoid it at any cost.
- DON’T be worried in case your scalp gets swollen after the surgery or after a few days of hair transplant in India.
- DON’T: Prevent the direct exposure to sunlight for first 2 weeks. After this time do cover your head with a soft cloth before moving out in the sun.
- DON’T: Avoid sweating and heavy exercise after hair transplant as you need to take care about the heart rate and the blood pressure. This also reduces the risk of swelling. If necessary, you can go with lighter exercises.
- DON’T: Immediately wash your hair for the first 2 days. Moreover, avoid harsh dyes for few weeks after the operation.
- DON’T: Avoid wearing caps or hats for the first 3 days after the surgery.
- DON’T: No consumption alcohol or any such thing like smoking after 5 days of surgery as these can interfere with the blood supply to your head.
Important Tips for Hair transplant
- It is crucial to take proper care of your scalp after the hair transplant process is over. We prefer putting our patients on antibiotics for a few days.
- It is important to research well before you hire a hair transplant surgeon.
- Compare the prices before you select the one for your treatment.
- It is also advised to ask from your friends for better recommendation of a surgeon and examine the outcomes of the hair transplant treatment.
Our Hair transplant specialists focus on providing world-class services to our clients across India. With our genuine pricing, qualified staff, and painless technique of Hair transplant in India, we aim to bring you back a head full of hair. To know more about our services, give us a call now!